The City of Rosemount has several requirements for solicitors that must be met in order to legally operate in the City. All solicitors must register with the Police Department before conducting any activities. Every solicitor must register and complete a background check regardless of whether the company has already been licensed.
- A Solicitation License Application (link below) for the business needs to be completed, listing the names of all people that will be going door-to-door for that business.
- $90 application fee per business (except non-profit) which includes three solicitors. An additional $20 per solicitor (after three) is required.
- Each individual solicitor needs to complete a Consent for Release of Information (link below).
- A copy of each solicitor's driver's license or identification card is requested to confirm information contained in the application/consent form.
- Solicitation License Application for Nonprofit
- Solicitation License Application for Profit
- Individual Solicitor Application / Consent for Release of Information (One notarized form required for each individual working under the Solicitation License for Profit. Not required for Nonprofits.)
Contact the Police Records Office at (651) 423-4491 for more information.
Solicitation License Holders
Residents who want to report a person or company soliciting without a permit, or who view suspicious activities should call 9-1-1 for a response from the Rosemount Police Department. These groups have been issued licenses to solicit in the City of Rosemount as of April 16, 2019: