Building Permits and Inspection Information
Permit Application Requirements
All of the following information must be completed and/or submitted for review and permit issuance (printable handout). A minimum of 10 working days is required for plan review upon complete submittal.
- Permit Application.
- Two copies of construction plans including details of foundation insulation and radon control system.
- Three copies of certificate of survey complying with City approved requirements. Include location of septic system and well, if applicable.
- Building thermal envelope worksheet verifying compliance with Section N1102.1 of Minnesota Energy Code.
- Heat loss/gain calculations verifying HVAC equipment sizing compliance with Minnesota Energy Code.
- Ventilation worksheet verifying compliance with section N1104.1 of Minnesota Energy Code.
- Site plan verifying compliance with City tree preservation ordinance, if applicable.
Certificate of Survey RequirementsThe following items are required to be included on the Certificate of Survey (print this list):
- All copies shall be 11 x 17
- Lot address
- As-built invert elevation of sanitary sewer service
- Legal property description, lot, block, subdivision name
- Name, address, fax and phone number of builder
- Bearings and lot line lengths
- Drainage and utility easements
- House and garage locations and dimensions
- Complete elevations of lot, lot corners, house, garage and driveway
- Date of grading plan used
- North arrow
- Street name and adjacent street names
- Benchmark and benchmark locations
- Driveway grade
- Complete name, address, fax and phone number of engineering firm
- Drainage arrows
- List of symbols
- Type of house
- Elevations of top of block, top of finished garage floor and top of basement floor
- Minnesota Registered Engineer Land Surveyor number and signature
- Setback dimensions to lot line
- Percent of impervious surface coverage
- Latest revised plan date used