New Business Licenses


The City of Rosemount does not require a license for most businesses. See below for exceptions.


The City of Rosemount provides licenses for the following types of liquor: On-Sale Class A and B, Off-Sale, Wine (with strong beer), 3.2 On-Sale, 3.2 Off-Sale, Temporary 3.2 On-Sale, and Public Premise Permits.

All new liquor licenses require an application that can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office. The minimum processing time for new licenses is approximately 45 days. The license period for all liquor licenses runs from January 1 to December 31 except for 3.2 licenses, which run from July 1 to June 30. Liquor licenses are renewed yearly. Licenses are nontransferable. Fees for liquor licenses can be found in the fee section of the website.

Liquor licenses are submitted to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety for final approval. More information on liquor licenses and the requirements is available in the City Code or by contacting the City Clerk's office [Email].

Massage Therapy

Massage therapy licenses run from January 1 to December 31. All persons performing massage therapy, whether in a store front or home, must submit an application and complete a background check. Anyone found practicing massage without a license will be in violation of City Code.


Organizations seeking a charitable gambling license or exemption from the State of Minnesota must have their applications signed by the city clerk. Before signing off on the state application, City staff performs a background check on the organization’s officers. A new premise permit requires approval from the City Council.

Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants

The City of Rosemount has several requirements for solicitors and peddlers that must be met in order to legally operate in the City. All solicitors and peddlers must register with the city clerk before conducting any activities. Every solicitor and peddler must register and complete a background check regardless of whether the company has already been licensed.

Residents who view suspicious activities should call 9-1-1 for a response from the Rosemount Police Department.
Each individual applying for a permit needs to complete a Solicitation License Application. 

Arcade Parlor, Billiard Hall, and Dance Club

Contact the City Clerk [Email] for more information.