Night to Unite
Tuesday, October 6, 2020 Night to Unite is going VIRTUAL!
Zoom Link for Virtual Night to Unite:
Or people can dial in at: 929-205-6099
Meeting ID: 853 8257 6962
In following the Governor’s Stay Safe Minnesota plan, changes to this year’s National Night Out celebration will include:
1. Rosemount Police and city officials will not visit neighborhood parties this year. Instead, we will host a virtual Open House from 7-8 p.m. where you can connect with us online to chat, ask questions, and have some fun. Submit questions ahead of time and have your name entered in prize drawings throughout the night.
2. If you are still planning to host a neighborhood gathering, party size should not exceed 25 total participants. This complies with the Governor’s Stay Safe Minnesota orders.
3. We do not recommend having shared food or potlucks. Residents that plan to participate in a neighborhood gathering should bring and consume their own food and beverages.
4. Residents should wear masks and participate in social distancing at outdoor neighborhood gatherings.
5. Consider having an individual household picnic in your front yard and encourage your neighbors to do the same. You can decorate your front yard and turn on your porch lights in celebration of National Night Out while keeping your family and neighbors safe.
A link to the virtual call will be added here and posted on our social media channels prior to the event. You can join us for 5 minutes or the full hour, ask one question or 20, and connect with your local police and city council members.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility this year. We're all in this together!
Night to Unite is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. This event enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.