Grants of up to $10,000 will help businesses cover payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility bills and other operational expenses since March 1, 2020. The application deadline is 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14. Only one application needs to be submitted per business.
To qualify, an applicant must:
• Employ the equivalent of 50 or fewer full-time workers.
• Be a private for-profit business that has a permanent physical location in Dakota County, Minnesota.
• Be majority owned by a permanent resident of Minnesota.
• Be in good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State and Minnesota Department of Revenue as of March 1, 2020.
• Be in good standing with Dakota County and the city where the business is located.
• Be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, the City of Rosemount will be launching its own Small Business Grant Program with the city’s allocation of federal CARES Act funds. More information will be made available in August.